VeCAD is a 3D vector graphics library. It serves as a foundation for your own customized drawing applications (CAD/GIS). The library is furnished in two discreet formats; as a run-time Windows 32 bit DLL; and, as an OCX (ActiveX control). Both are included.
These components can be used with applications written in the popular Visual IDE languages such as Visual Basic, Delphi, C++ Builder and Visual C++.
The VeCAD package also includes a powerful CAD editor in executable form, based entirely on the VeCAD engine. Use this application to visualize your own project's possibilities!
- Supported formats: AutoCAD DWG/ DXF, Native VEC format.
- Save/Read drawing to/from memory (BLOB fields).
- Pages, Layers, Linetypes, Blocks, TextStyles, PointStyles, Multi-line Styles (parallel lines), Selection Sets.
- Graphics objects: Points, Lines, Sub-classed Polylines, Circles, Arcs, Ellipses, Rectangles, Text, Block Insertions, Raster Images, Hatches.
- A unique identifier for each drawing object facilitates external database referencing.
- Access to all the properties of any object, either programmatically or via dialogs.
- Zoom capabilities allowing you to view the entire drawing or any desired part of it.
- Mouse Wheel supports real-time Zoom and Pan.
- Print Preview.
- Edit operations: Copy, Move, Rotate, Scale, Mirror, Explode, Erase, Join. Single objects can be edited by moving their control points (grips).
- Event-driven mechanism that allows for application control of the user's actions with a drawing.
- Supports Windows TTF fonts and AutoCAD SHP fonts.
- Supports AutoCAD hatch patterns (PAT) and linetypes (LIN).
- Undo-Redo buffer saves 100 commands.
- Easy localization to any language.
» version 6.0 - posted on 2004-01-15
EULA - End User License Agreement
License and redistributable files
VeCAD is developed and published by the Kolbasoft company. The distribution package contains 2 products - a powerful CAD editor in executable form and a vector graphics library. The editor is free to use. The library is intended for programmers who need vector graphics capabilities in their applications. One license per developer is necessary. You may distribute the VeCAD redistributable files, royalty free, with any application you develop. End users of your applications are not licensed to use VeCAD for developing, and may not redistribute any of these files. It is your responsibility to make such restrictions clear to your end-users. If you distribute your application with source code, the registration key must be reset to 0 (zero) in the source.
This software is provided on an "as is" basis, without any other warranties, or conditions, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantable quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or those arising by law, statute, usage of trade or course of dealing. The entire risk as to the results and performance of the VeCAD product is assumed by you. Kolbasoft shall not have any liability to you or any other person or entity for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages whatsoever, including but not limited to loss of revenue or profit, lost or damaged data or other commercial or economic loss, even if Kolbasoft has been advised of the possibility of such damages or they are foreseeable; or for claims by a third party.
You will indemnify and hold Kolbasoft harmless from and against any claims or liabilities arising out of the use, reproduction, or distribution of your programs.
Specifically, Kolbasoft makes no representation or warranty that the software or documentation are "error free" or meet any user's particular standards, requirements, or needs.
Kolbasoft is not responsible for, and does not make any representation, warranty, or condition concerning product, media, software, or documentation not manufactured or supplied by Kolbasoft, such as third parties' programs which are designed using VeCAD component software.
This licence gives you the right to use VeCAD but all rights not specifically mentioned in this agreement, including ownership rights, intellectual property rights, trademarks and copyright, are reserved by Kolbasoft. You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce the VeCAD to a human perceivable form. You may not modify, rent or resell for profit the VeCAD without prior written consent from Kolbasoft.
In your application's documentation, you must mention Kolbasoft as a developer and copyright holder of VeCAD software, and provide our email address and web site URL.
After registration, you may distribute the next library files, royalty free, with any application you develop: